We are looking for a specialized Power and Controls Engineer or technician to work on the floor within a start up environment for a Fortune 200 Consumer Goods Manufacturer. This is a 3-12 month contract role based on performance, and will require 75%-100% travel as the contractor will need to be on site.
- Advanced electrical/controls technician, experienced in industrial manufacturing (preferably with Consumer Goods Experience)
- Understands and has working knowledge of motors, drives, process control, process instrumentation, machine sensors, Rockwell PLC’s, Rockwell HMI’s, etc
- Solid troubleshooting skills for power, controls, and instrumentation; have ability to diagnose and find root causes of issues in the field (via use of tools, meters, PLC or HMI program evaluation, etc.)
- Capable of Rockwell Control Logix PLC & Factory Talk Studio HMI programming additions or modifications and troubleshooting; do not need to be able to program from scratch
- General knowledge of Rockwell Ethernet devices. Able to configure and connect plant level modules to facilitate communication between business unit PLCs and PLCs outside the assigned business unit
- Develop and Execute electrical and controls commissioning test plans
- Solid follow-through with project documentation, including as-built drawings, technical manuals, updating existing Job Aids (Help Techs accomplish this), etc.
- Forward looking with respect to identifying upcoming issues (“This is going to be a problem soon if we don’t address . . . .”) and resolving nagging issues (nuisance alarms for example).
- Comfortable communicating with non-technical Operation level technicians. Shows respect and patience when fielding questions and providing assistance with problem resolution.
- Capable of writing / designing EI packages for small projects, including the drawings needed
- Interfacing and providing technical direction to construction companies
- Familiar with NEC requirements; capable of designing electrical packages that conform to NEC
- Develop technical training materials Create URD’s, SDB’s, EIs, etc. User Requirements document, Software Design Basis, etc
Requirements and skills
- 10+ years of experience as a Controls Engineer or Technician
- Proficiency in English
- Outstanding time-management skills
- Ability to multitask and being comfortable dealing with a diverse pool of people